Majority of people know about the benefits of clay in skin care. These clays can be used to treat wide range of skin problems. Red clay or rhassoul clay or morrocan clay is a well known skin beautifying ingredient that you can use to make your complexion healthy and younger looking. This clay is a store house of various skin friendly minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium etc. People use this clay because of its exfoliating, cleansing, astringent, skin tightening, healing and detoxifying properties. Here we are going to create some great facial masks using rhassoul clay but before doing that, let us take a look on the benefits of this clay in beauty care.
Benefits of Red Clay for Skin Care | beauty benefits of rhassoul clay
- This clay can help you get rid of dry, dull and flaky skin.
- It has mild exfoliating properties hence it can be used to remove dead epidermal cells and other impurities from the skin.
- It has oil absorbing properties so you can use it on oily skin to get rid of excessive oiliness. It is also beneficial in treating clogged pores and no more clogged pores and oiliness means no more acne and pimples.
- Presence of silica makes rhassoul clay a good skin rejuvenator. Silica helps supports the deep layers of collagen. In short, it means that application of morrocan clay can help you achieve elastic and wrinkle free skin.
- It will help you get an even skin complexion.
- It has gentle cleansing properties so it is perfect clay for people with dry and sensitive skin.It is also helpful in improving tone, tightness and texture of the skin.
- Magnesium and calcium of red clay helps in skin regeneration.
- Moreover, it helps maintain the proper blood supply towards the skin. This clay is good for all skin types however it is notably good for those with oily, combination and pimples prone skin. You can use this clay in the form of a facial mask. Mentioned below are some great masks for you.
Red Clay Facial Masks Recipes | Red rhassoul clay Face Masks
1. Simple Recipe for Oily Skin
People with oily skin face a wide range of problems like too much greasiness, clogged pores, acne, pimples, acne scars and so forth. Here all you need to do is to combing a little quantity of red clay with water or rose water to for a paste. Apply this paste on your cleansed skin and allow it to rest on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Finally wash your face with water.
2. Normal Skin people- Skin whitening and Beautifying
If your skin type is normal skin then make a mask that can help you get beautiful, soft and fair skin complexion. To make this mask all you have to do is to combine red clay and milk together. Add some rose water to increase the effectiveness of this mask. Apply the resultant mixture on your face and allow it to sit on for a few minutes. Lastly, wash if off with cold water.
3. Moisturizing Mask
Here we are going to make a moisturizing and exfoliating mask and to make it simply mix aloe vera gel, rhassoul clay and powdered chamomile flower. Apply it on your facial skin and wait for about 25 minutes before rinsing.
4. Anti-Aging Facial Pack
Fine lines, wrinkles and dull skin are some common signs of ageing skin. You can prevent and treat these signs by using a mixture of Moroccan clay, ginger juice and green tea liquid. Apply the resultant anti-aging mask on your skin and leave it on for half an hour. Finally wash off with cold water and use your moisturizing lotion or cream.
5. Acne Cure with Rhassoul Clay
A paste of red clay and apple cider vinegar is said to be an effective remedy for acne / pimples. Just mix both ingredients together and apply the paste on your cleansed skin. Wait for about 20 minutes and then wash. Another option is to use a combination of two teaspoons each of rhassoul clay and yogurt. Add two drops of tea tree essential oil. Add rose water in this mixture and apply the final paste over your cleansed facial skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then use water to rinse it off.
6. Dry Skin Cure
Moisturize and rejuvenate your skin with a mask which can be prepared by mixing one teaspoon each of Moroccan clay, white clay and honey. Add some milk cream in this mixture and apply this highly moisturizing mask on your face and other dry body parts. Let it stay on your skin for 25 minutes and then wash with cold water.
7. Red Clay for Vitiligo aka leucoderma
Having Vitiligo or white patches on the skin can diminish your physical appearance especially when they are on face and neck. Treat these patches with a mask of ginger juice and red clay. Apply the mixture on the affected area and then leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes. Use this remedy daily in order to have optimal results.
8. Dry and Sensitive Skin Mask
Create a mask by combining one tablespoon of red clay, one teaspoon each of honey and yogurt. Finally, add avocado paste to this mixture. Apply this nourishing and moisturizing mask on your skin. Leave it on for 25 minutes and then wash off.
9. Rejuvenating Facial Mask
Make skin rejuvenating, repairing and regenerating facial mask by mixing one teaspoon of Moroccan clay with two drops each of argan oil and frankincense oil. Add some rose water in this mixture to have a smooth paste. Apply the final product on your face. Allow it to rest on for about 20 minutes and then rinse off.
10. Calming, Relaxing and Beautifying Recipe
Here you have to mix red clay, sandal wood powder and rose water. Sandalwood is loaded with cooling and relaxing properties whereas red clay will make your skin beautiful and tight. Apply the mask and let it sat for a few minutes and then wash.
This is all about the benefits and recipes of red clay for skin care. Now, you can buy it either online or offline and enjoy it beauty friendly benefits without spending much bucks on it.