Almond Milk for Face Advantages
Drinking almond milk daily can help your achieve a healthy and fit body along with a glowing and flawless looking complexion. This milk is laden with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other skin -nourishing nutrients which are essential for keeping your skin younger for longer. You can apply this ingredient on your skin to keep it well hydrated and you know a well moisturized skin is less susceptible to dryness, flakiness and problems which are caused due to premature aging like fine lines and wrinkles. It can be consumed on a daily basis to get a good dose of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which are essential for keeping your skin healthy and younger looking. Here I am going to show you how to use this marvelous ingredient to create some awesome facial mask recipes but before moving directly on them let us know about the benefits of almond milk for the skin.
Beauty Benefits of Almond Milk in Skin Care
Here you will get some tips on how almond milk helps your skin .
- You can apply it topically to have smooth, supple, fair and glowing skin naturally.
- It is a good source of vitamin E which is well known for its anti-oxidant properties. This vitamin helps protect the skin form free radical induced damage. These free radicals are known to cause damage to the collagen and elastin fibers, resulting in aged looking skin with fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E helps guard your skin from these free radicals and help you achieve a healthy and younger looking skin.
- It also has a natural sun protection factor so you can apply it before going out in the sun. It will protect your skin from the harsh UV rays of the sun. In short – no more suntanned and dark patchy skin.
- Dry skin is known to cause several skin issues and also it looks dull and lifeless. Niacin present in almond milk helps trap the moisture in the skin cells and keep them well hydrated.
- Like dry skin, oily skin is also responsible for causing variety of skin troubles including pimples, boils, acne, blackheads, whiteheads, clogged pores etc. Essential fatty acids of this milk help regulate the production of the oil from oil producing glands. It literally means -no more oil skin.
- It also has soothing and healing properties.
- It also has collagen building and skin firming properties. Regular intake or application will give your tight and flaws free skin.
- It is an excellent ingredient that can help you prevent and cure problems like pimples, blackhead and blemishes.
- When you mix almond with milk, they both form a marvelous skin lightening treatment that you can use to cure your dark skin issues like dark circles under eyes, dark spots from pimples, scars from burning or wounds, black lips and inner thighs, dark forehead due to sunburn and so on. Applying almond milk on the dark skin twice daily will help make your skin flawless and fair naturally.
- Almond milk is a good store house of vitamin B2 and this vitamin helps produce vitamin B3 in the body. Vitamin B3 is beneficial in improving blood circulation. Good blood circulation helps provide your skin with essential nutrients and oxygen thereby making it healthier and alluring.
Almond Milk Mask Recipes for Face | Badam Milk face Masks
Skin Whitening Pack
Many people use almond paste and milk combo to get fair skin complexion. If you want to go that way then you have to so a lot of stuff. You can improve your facial fairness almond milk. It will also help reduce hyper-pigmentation related issues like uneven skin tone, dark patches, dark spots, scars and so forth. The recipe is simple and all you have to do is
Mix fuller’s earth clay and almond milk to form a paste.
Add lemon juice in it and little rose water.
Apply this mixture and wait till it dries completely. Wash it off with cold water.
This facial pack will lighten your complexion and make your skin firm and younger looking. If you don’t have that clay then you can use ground oats instead. Some people also use gram flour, lemon and almond milk combination to lighten their complexion.
Cleanse your Face First
One can also use almond milk to get cleansed skin. Just apply some milk on cotton and rub it on your face to remove makeup, buildup and impurities. If your skin type is oily then mix two spoons of this milk with one egg white and a spoon full of lemon juice. Use it as a face mask to get rid of excessive oil, makeup, clogged pores and other oily skin related issues. Both almond milk and lemon has skin fading effects so you can use this mask to whiten or lighten your complexion,
Dry, Dull and Dehydrated Skin
Wind, pollution, climatic changes, sun rays and other factors can make your skin look dull, dry and dehydrate. You can easily treat these problems by using moisturizing mask. Try using this after cleansing your face. To make the mask- combine four teaspoon of almond milk with two teaspoons of honey. Spread this on your clean facial skin and gently massage your face for five minutes. Allow it to rest on for 20 to 25 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
Smooth and Glowing Skin
A combination of almond milk and jojoba oil can really do wonders on your face. All you need is a four teaspoon full of almond milk and one teaspoon of jojoba oil. Use the resultant liquid to massage your face. Keep it on for some time and then use warm water to rinse it off. This mask can be used to soothe redness and itchiness on the skin. Plus, jojoba oil has antiseptic effect so you can use this on acne prone skin too.
Dry Skin Soothing Mask
This is a soothing mask that you can use to soothe your dry, inflamed and irritate skin. To make this recipe, mix almond milk with some honey and coconut oil. Allow it to site on for about 20 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Anti-acne Mask – almond milk for acne
Turmeric is loaded with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and healing effects whereas almond milk has soothing properties. You can mix both of them together to make a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and wash off with lukewarm water after some time. This mask will protect your skin from pimples.
You can soothe and heal your inflamed and irritated suntanned skin by applying a paste of sandalwood powder and almond milk. Apply it on your cleansed skin and leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water. Use it daily or on alternate day basis.
How to Make Almond Milk at Home
Creation of almond milk is not a difficult task and all you need to do is put one and a half cup of peeled and water soaked almonds and four cups of water in a blender. Blend and strain the final milk in a bottle. Keep this bottle in your fridge and use it whenever needed.
If you want to use almond milk for skin care then better use milk instead of water like use skim milk and almond paste mixture for oily and if you have dry or dehydrated skin then use full cream. Use rice milk and almonds for acne prone skin.
I love to drink this milk and believe me it is worth trying. I also use it to massage my face and I wash it with cold water. Why cold? Because I have the problem of large pores and cold temperature helps decrease the size of pores. You can also use it to get super soft skin.
This was a short note on almond milk uses and benefits in facial skin care. Now, you can freely use the above given recipes in to your beauty regimen and enjoy luminous and aging free skin the natural way.